When life is feeling out of control, trying to figure out how to get some quick relief can feel just as overwhelming. Here are some quick tips to get yourself on more solid footing.
- Stop saying “yes” when you should be saying “no.”
- Stop saying “no” when you should be saying “hell, yes.”
- Do it NOW, not tomorrow.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Be kind to others.
- Focus on adding value, not being right.
- Commit to playing to your strengths whenever and as much as possible.
- Find a way.
- Forgive someone because it helps YOU feel better.
- Unplug. You need a place of quiet to hear yourself think. Otherwise, you’ll blink and 10 more years will have passed you by.
- Use every bit of your vacation. No exceptions.
- Ask for help.
- Clear the clutter out of your life. Clutter includes stuff, people, bad habits, outgrown ways of seeing the world. Clutter wastes huge amounts of time and energy that you can redirect to something more inspiring and life-affirming. Start small. Take 15 minutes a day and clear a stack of paper, clear out the refrigerator, delete some emails without reading them. Stop checking your work email after dinner.
- Challenge yourself to improve your life by 1% every day.
Sometimes, the smallest changes can have the greatest impact on your life. Give some of these a try and let me know what happens.