“Action expresses priorities.” (Mahatma Ghandi)
“Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.” (Stephen R. Covey)
We’re almost into the middle of January. If you’re ready to launch a new business, struggling to find clients, or just plain overwhelmed, take a day for some strategic analysis. Knowing what you want to accomplish and taking focused action is the way to structure your time and energy and avoid overwhelm. In short, your results will improve when you begin to make better choices. But before you choose, do your due diligence and gather the facts.
Here are my TOP 25 questions to help you first look back on your 2017 results and use that information to propel your business forward in the coming months:
- How would you rate your 2017 business performance?
- What achievement are you most proud of ?
- Did you set goals for your business and, if so, did you meet them? If not, what got in your way?
- Looking ahead one year from now, what are your personal and professional goals for this year?
- What actions did you take to increase your professional visibility and credibility? (Think in terms of # of blog posts or newsletters published, articles or tips sheets, speaking and workshops….)
- Where do you feel stuck?
- How would you describe your personal foundation in terms of finances, wellness and time management?
- In what ways did personal challenges impact your business effectiveness and success in 2017?
- What keeps you up at night?
- Do you have a strategy to help you improve your performance for 2018?
- How would you describe your level of productivity? What processes or habits do you need to implement to maximize your effectiveness?
- What are the top 1-3 skills or habits you need or want to implement or improve upon this year that you believe will most help your business?
- Over the next 90 days, what is your #1 HIGHEST business priority?
- What is the biggest time drain that is preventing you from achieving your most important business goal(s)?
- What do you need to do more of in your business? What do you need to do less of?
- What feedback have you received from your best clients? (If you haven’t received any feedback, this should be your top priority in the next 30 days!)
- What assistance/tools/technology do you need to help you accomplish your business objectives in 2018?
- What do you think is the key to your success in meeting your goals this year? What are your greatest business opportunities in 2018?
- What processes or procedures could you implement that would save you time, energy and/or money in the long run?
- Do you have a clear business plan and are your daily/weekly/monthly actions in alignment with that plan?
- If a new business owner asked you for advice, what would be the three suggestions you would share with her?
- What do you wish you had done differently in 2017?
- Do you have a solid marketing strategy that you use consistently to fill the pipeline with potential new business?
- How do you measure your effectiveness in attracting new clients/business?
- What lessons have you learned about your business and/or yourself?
THIS WEEK’S CALL TO ACTION:
Information is power. For greater personal and professional success in 2018, take the time to answer these questions honestly. Distribute the questions to your key team members and ask them to do the same. TAKE ACTION on those items that require your most immediate attention.
Let 2018 be your best year ever!
“The mark of a great man is one who knows when to set aside the important things in order to accomplish the vital ones.” (Brandon Sanderson)